Sunday, June 17, 2012

Slowly Saying Goodbye

I'm really in the final countdown... I have two more weeks left in this beautiful place that's become my home over the past 4 months... and its going to be a bitter sweet two weeks. However I'm going to get into the sappy stuff another time.

Over the past few weeks I've had a lot of adventures and misadventures. So I'm going to give you some highlights.

There is an area in Sydney called Kings Cross, its the nightclub hot spot. It can be a little shady but mostly its a lot of fun. There is also a super tasty kebab place right across from the club called the Goldfish. Really I kid you not, best place ever... anyways the Cross has been quite the hit or miss place for me. A couple of Fridays ago my friend and I were denied entry to a club because apparently I have a fake license. I was angry, apparently I also don't sound American... I'm not really sure what I could be then. I wish the bouncer had clarified my nationality for me... My friend yelled at the bouncer that her dad owns the club. Needless to say the bouncer wasn't going with us. We sneaked in anyway and when we left we were xed out from the club. And ate a whole lot of mackers, we had fun but I'm pretty sure everyone else thought we were completely off our rocker.

Round 2 in the Cross, we got into the club we were going to on the first try (win 1), we danced the night away and got a lot of free drinks, my American accent and my friend faking a British accent got us far that night. However on the way home we tried to grab a cab, the first cab wouldn't take us, the second told us it was $60 (its not $60 to go from the Cross) and wouldn't go anywhere until he saw that we had the money, nor would he turn on the meter. Mega sketchy. The third cab took us and got us home safe and sound.. So semi win for the Cross.

I've also gone to pro rugby game, which was fun, although the home team got their butts kicked. I noticed that most of the fans tend to clear out when the team starts to lose, pretty fair weather. Even my uni fans stay till the end of our football games, and we lose all the time. Last night I went to a free comedy show with some friends. The show was actually really good, especially because it was free. After we went to a pub in Surry Hills, ordered some cider and watched a different rugby game. My friend and I have noticed that the team we're not supposed to root for always has more attractive players. Not fair much?

Today I hiked around Ku Rung Gai National forest with a friend of mine, and after we enjoyed some chili hot hot chocolate. Its the best thing ever. Today was a beautiful day and I'm happy I got to spend it hiking around with a good friend.

My final two weeks will hopefully be filled with more quality time with friends, a trip to the south coast, one more final, and more misadventures.

Until then...

1 comment:

  1. 1) don't let those bouncers push you around, 2) I want to try a chilli hot hit chocolate.

    3) enjoy your last 2 weeks Down Under!

    ReplyDelete