Friday, February 17, 2012

Bio Hazard...

So I've been settling into Macquaire for the past few days... I bought some necessities such as a hair straightener which doesn't really straighten anything... I live in a flat, which is more like a condo with 4 other housemates. Two girls from my program an Australian guy and an Egyptian guy, whose French girlfriend is apparently staying with him so its more like I have 5 housemates. My flat is pretty sweet, I get my own room and bathroom. Its a double plus... and my bed is even bigger then those crappy extra long twins in America.

Since I've been at Macquarie, which I can't say without an Aussie accent, I haven't been doing anything particularly interesting, unless you count raging with Australians and getting lost on the trains back from Sydney interesting. I've also been slowly picking up on the lingo... a goon refers to really cheap wine, heaps keen means I'm totes down, and takin a piss means I'm just messing with ya. Lets just say that the local men quite enjoy taking a piss on me... its alright cause they're rather fine...

Anyways so my house is good except for the kitchen... it was ABSOLUTELY disgusting. The people before us left all their shit in like the cabinets... it was soo gross! There was like moldy debris all over the counters and fridge and cabinets. The three ladies of the house grabbed some gloves and went at it. We tackled the bio hazard and now the kitchen is safe and we can move in all our groceries.

Yesterday my friend from the program, Colgate, visited from U tech Sydney. Her name isn't actually Colgate but the Aussies had an issue with her name so they just call her Colgate. We had a grand night partying with the Aussies over in the east village... lets just say that the Americans can in fact keep up with the Australians.
Thats all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment