Thursday, February 23, 2012

A college kids dream

Its safe to say that the past few days have been pretty mellow... We had orientation on wednesday from 10am to about 3:30... it was AWFUL!! My attention span doesn't really last over like an hour and a half so it was a bit hard to get through. Also this campus is HUGE... it took us about 20 minutes to find the building, beccause this campus is ginormous.. i spelled that word right on the first try... props for me :)

Anyway after orientation we had a scrumptious dinner of frozen pizza... it actually was tasty, so far everything I eat here, even toast tastes better... the big hot spot for the campus is the Ranch which is a bar located a few blocks away... We went danced and I left unimpressed... It made me miss fraternity parties....

Yesterday was an early day... we had to be up and going by 7:20 am... its surprisingly easy to get up early here... maybe cause I wake up at 8 every day anyway... but anyway we went on the longest bus ride to the south coast, because its where a lot of the vineyards are, and dolphin watching tours. But before we got there we stopped at every college kids dream... an ALL YOU CAN EAT buffet... I think I literally was in heaven. Toast, weird hot dogs and frozen pizza don't compare to a buffet... I stuffed my face and had the biggest food baby...

After the buffet we went on a nifty boat to spy some dolphins... we didn't really see any till the very end... and they're really hard to get a picture of... here's my best effort:
Grab a magnifying glass and you'll probably be able to find it....

After the tour we went to a vineyard for some wine tasting... It was a pretty classy affair... I personally enjoyed the cheese, and I think it may still be a few years before I enjoy it...After the wine tasting we drove back down and stopped at a blowhole... supposedly the waves rush up and this thing shoots up water... mother nature wasn't cooperating so there was not a lot to see other then a pretty scene...

We got in at like 8:30... I made myself a sammy and then went to bed like a grandma.
Today is a beach day! So I'm gonna go get my tan on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment